NX200 upgrade to firmware v.1.1

Forums: 
I don´t know why, but I am unable to load this new FW to my NX200. How are impressions if someone succeed? http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/EV-NX200ZBSBGB-downloads

I didn't expect the new firmware to come out so soon. Im going to try update in a sec.

I have managed to update successfully but I have lost all settings.

Raf007 wrote: I have managed to update successfully but I have lost all settings.
this is normal on any upgrade.. it sets it back to some default values. I was able to upgrade mine as well.... Samsung was quicker then they indicated earlier this week so maybe their December comment on FW update applied to the NX10/11/100 only.

Raf007 wrote: I have managed to update successfully but I have lost all settings.
This is standard for Samsung, Fuji, and a few others. I imagine it is how they store the data, or to prevent a corrupt state of the settings. Eric -- I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful. - John Constable (quote) See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly) Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ (updated daily)

Upgrade and working!

processing time per single shot image is now about 3-4 secs and 17-18 secs for 7fps burst, down from 24 secs. a 7 sec improvement from the last firmware. AF seems to be faster or more precise. need to check what else has been improved or removed.

developer setting has been disabled.

Cannot update this to my NX200 whats going on

simontramper wrote: Cannot update this to my NX200 whats going on
what message did you get and did you upgrade from 1.04 or 1.03 ? Potentially the 1.10 requires the 1.04 to be installed but that is just a guess as if this is derived from the FW for the other new NX the issue can be on the RAW format changes made from 1.03 to 1.04 which are already included in all NX20/210/1000 basic Firmware versions... but as said, this is just speculation but I would bet some money on that

tjobbe wrote:
simontramper wrote: Cannot update this to my NX200 whats going on
what message did you get and did you upgrade from 1.04 or 1.03 ? Potentially the 1.10 requires the 1.04 to be installed but that is just a guess as if this is derived from the FW for the other new NX the issue can be on the RAW format changes made from 1.03 to 1.04 which are already included in all NX20/210/1000 basic Firmware versions... but as said, this is just speculation but I would bet some money on that
No message just when i put the SD card in it will not take it onto the camera .Just says body 1,4 lens 1.10

simontramper wrote:
tjobbe wrote:
simontramper wrote: Cannot update this to my NX200 whats going on
what message did you get and did you upgrade from 1.04 or 1.03 ? Potentially the 1.10 requires the 1.04 to be installed but that is just a guess as if this is derived from the FW for the other new NX the issue can be on the RAW format changes made from 1.03 to 1.04 which are already included in all NX20/210/1000 basic Firmware versions... but as said, this is just speculation but I would bet some money on that
No message just when i put the SD card in it will not take it onto the camera .Just says body 1,4 lens 1.10
is the body greyed out or highlighted? just press ok under body. it should update.

Ariston wrote:
simontramper wrote:
tjobbe wrote:
simontramper wrote: Cannot update this to my NX200 whats going on
what message did you get and did you upgrade from 1.04 or 1.03 ? Potentially the 1.10 requires the 1.04 to be installed but that is just a guess as if this is derived from the FW for the other new NX the issue can be on the RAW format changes made from 1.03 to 1.04 which are already included in all NX20/210/1000 basic Firmware versions... but as said, this is just speculation but I would bet some money on that
No message just when i put the SD card in it will not take it onto the camera .Just says body 1,4 lens 1.10
is the body greyed out or highlighted? just press ok under body. it should update.
It is greyed out and no amount of pressing ok or swearing will get it to take it from the SD card to the camera ,stuck .

simontramper wrote: ... It is greyed out and no amount of pressing ok or swearing will get it to take it from the SD card to the camera ,stuck .
if its greyed out, the NX200 does not recognize the files being a proper firmware upgrade.... I guess you'd put the two into root dir unzipped

tjobbe wrote:
simontramper wrote: ... It is greyed out and no amount of pressing ok or swearing will get it to take it from the SD card to the camera ,stuck .
if its greyed out, the NX200 does not recognize the files being a proper firmware upgrade.... I guess you'd put the two into root dir unzipped
Went into the management menu and it says it is updating now been at it for 20 minutes so fingers crossed

simontramper wrote: ...and it says it is updating now been at it for 20 minutes so fingers crossed
that's a bit long....it should not take more than 2-3 minutes all in all

tjobbe wrote:
simontramper wrote: ...and it says it is updating now been at it for 20 minutes so fingers crossed
that's a bit long....it should not take more than 2-3 minutes all in all
I know could be back to the drawing board ,just don't know if i should stop and see what has happened .

No luck

simontramper wrote: No luck
ok try this one first. reinstall or overwrite the current firmware with version 1.04 under developer setting. after you successfully reinstalled to the same firmware, install the new 1.10 firmware via SD card. make sure that the SD is not malfunctioning or make or copy the files again into the SD card. just to make sure, copy all new 3 files into the SD card. that might explain why it's not updating.

Ariston wrote:
simontramper wrote: No luck
ok try this one first. reinstall or overwrite the current firmware with version 1.04 under developer setting. after you successfully reinstalled to the same firmware, install the new 1.10 firmware via SD card. make sure that the SD is not malfunctioning or make or copy the files again into the SD card. just to make sure, copy all new 3 files into the SD card. that might explain why it's not updating.
OK here goes

simontramper wrote:
Ariston wrote:
simontramper wrote: No luck
ok try this one first. reinstall or overwrite the current firmware with version 1.04 under developer setting. after you successfully reinstalled to the same firmware, install the new 1.10 firmware via SD card. make sure that the SD is not malfunctioning or make or copy the files again into the SD card. just to make sure, copy all new 3 files into the SD card. that might explain why it's not updating.
OK here goes
No luck rewrote 1.04 no trouble then did 1.10 the same way and the camera just will no accept it .Do you think doing the whole lot will force it through or will we get to 1.04 and then stop .?

simontramper wrote: . . . No luck rewrote 1.04 no trouble then did 1.10 the same way and the camera just will no accept it .Do you think doing the whole lot will force it through or will we get to 1.04 and then stop .?
Several months ago a previous firmware update failed so I downloaded it again. The second firmware file was a few bytes smaller than the first, but it installed, so you can't automatically assume that your downloaded firmware file isn't corrupt.

Billx08 wrote:
simontramper wrote: . . . No luck rewrote 1.04 no trouble then did 1.10 the same way and the camera just will no accept it .Do you think doing the whole lot will force it through or will we get to 1.04 and then stop .?
Several months ago a previous firmware update failed so I downloaded it again. The second firmware file was a few bytes smaller than the first, but it installed, so you can't automatically assume that your downloaded firmware file isn't corrupt.
OK thanks

Hi Simon, Were you able to get the new update to work on your NX200? I am having the exact same problem as you getting the camera to accept the update. I have tried different SD cards, downloaded multiple times from different sites, and formatted the card in camera, with no success. Am I overlooking something? Thanks, Pat

Rushdewalt wrote: Hi Simon, Were you able to get the new update to work on your NX200? I am having the exact same problem as you getting the camera to accept the update. I have tried different SD cards, downloaded multiple times from different sites, and formatted the card in camera, with no success. Am I overlooking something? Thanks, Pat
No Pat ,i have overwritten the last update ,formated the card ,tried from different Forums still no luck .Really pi* ed off as i want to get the 12-24 lens when it comes out and will i need this upgrade for the lens to work on the camera .

I also downloaded the update and unzipped the folder. The first time I did it wrong: I installed the unzipped folder in the root directory of my SD card. I couldn't update this way I noticed. Then I decided to put the 3 separate files from the unzipped FW update folder on my SD card. This worked fine for me.

smarter wrote: I also downloaded the update and unzipped the folder. The first time I did it wrong: I installed the unzipped folder in the root directory of my SD card. I couldn't update this way I noticed. Then I decided to put the 3 separate files from the unzipped FW update folder on my SD card. This worked fine for me.
If i knew what the hell you are talking about i would do it ,but will try .

Don't put the unzipped folder on the SD card. Put only the 3 files from the unzipped folder in the root directory of the SD card.

TJL LTFF wrote: Don't put the unzipped folder on the SD card. Put only the 3 files from the unzipped folder in the root directory of the SD card.
Done sorted updated thank F*ck for that .Many many thanks to all for your help .

I had the same problem, you have to Unzip and move three files (one is NX200.rom) from Update folder to your SD card. I moved all with Uddate folder name FWversion etc. and NX did not recognized update files...

After unzipping the download, format a memory card and then copy the files from the folder to the memory card - don't copy the folder with contents - just the contents. Works like a champ that way. BTW you only need 2 of the 3 files - the .xlsx isn't needed. I couldn't even open it up to see what it was.

I finally got it to load the update. I was copying the whole unzipped folder to the card instead of copying each file individually. Thanks for the help. Pat

lol. wasn't it indicated that you have to copy the files in the root directory and not the folder with the files on? I thought it was a real issue then it just happened to be a simple user error. on the otherhand, do the previous firmware updates worked even with the files are in the folder? I haven't tried that since I always copy the files only on the root directory.

Update went smooth, +- 2 minutes (with a fast "Sandisk Extreme HD Video" sd-card), no problems at all... AF seems more consistent after update (30mm), gotta test more to be shure...

scalll wrote: Update went smooth, +- 2 minutes (with a fast "Sandisk Extreme HD Video" sd-card), no problems at all...
That's odd. I used an ancient 1GB Transcend SD card, probably manufactured long before SDHC cards with their Class() ratings appeared, and it took only 50 seconds to complete.

simontramper wrote: Went into the management menu and it says it is updating now been at it for 20 minutes so fingers crossed
i smell burning ..

paulhome wrote:
simontramper wrote: Went into the management menu and it says it is updating now been at it for 20 minutes so fingers crossed
i smell burning ..
hope not

try a different card? try formatting the card in the camera first, then load the fw file then update? try downloading the fw file from another samsung site?

nx200USER1 wrote: try a different card? try formatting the card in the camera first, then load the fw file then update? try downloading the fw file from another samsung site?
Done all of the above still nothing

Ariston wrote: developer setting has been disabled.
Can somebody confirm this? This would be a step backwards.

jdoe5 wrote:
Ariston wrote: developer setting has been disabled.
Can somebody confirm this? This would be a step backwards.
I do not think they are disabled, they just require a different kind of keystroke sequence as usual.....

tjobbe wrote:
jdoe5 wrote:
Ariston wrote: developer setting has been disabled.
Can somebody confirm this? This would be a step backwards.
I do not think they are disabled, they just require a different kind of keystroke sequence as usual.....
why would they do that? on the otherhand, I appreciate the improvement in processing time. I just need to check the images for any changes applied.

file size looks to be the same as before. I don't know exactly what Samsung did to enhance the speed, but I'm really glad it is faster now. capturing images is much more pleasant now and less annoying.

And it also seems like they lessened the posterization effect occurring with some lenses, caused by their vignetting correction algo... It's still here, but you really have to boost the shadows to see it now...

tjobbe wrote:
Ariston wrote: developer setting has been disabled.
I do not think they are disabled, they just require a different kind of keystroke sequence as usual.....
Does somebody know the new keystroke sequence?

Thanks for the notice. Did the update; my AEB shots appear to be writing to the card more quickly.

...not sure if this is required for the update: NX200_Basic Function check list (FW 1209112).xlsx Anybody know what this is about? Thanks for any help.

I can confirm processing single RAW went down from cca 5,5 sec to 3,5 sec and 8 RAW high speed burst from 30 to 15 seconds (at last!). I used 16GB SanDisk "45MB/s" Extreme Pro card. Update took less then 2 minutes without any hiccups.

Is the Bracket section on the menu new to this firmware, I dont recall seeing it in 1.04. Anyone know what the wizard option does?

Hirsti wrote: Is the Bracket section on the menu new to this firmware, I dont recall seeing it in 1.04.
It appears to be the same in v.1.04 and in the new version.
Anyone know what the wizard option does?
I haven't used it but it seems to be obvious if you try it in the menu. It lets you select up to three of the nine available Picture Wizard effects. These are the choices that I don't see enumerated in the manual. Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm and Classic. lt's hard to imagine a more useless bracketing option but who knows, maybe there's a budding Warhol lurking in the Samsung fold.

did the fm upgrade a few days ago and it also improved my proccesing speed . using the transcend 32gb class 10 uhs1 or somthing like that with 85 write. my mom works at transcend so i could snatch on for like around the 13 euro's which is really cheap.

Add new comment

Image
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: zip rar.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.